One of the most important responsibilities a principal has is to hire the very best staff to educate and care for students. Reflecting upon the skills of teachers needed in order to determine teaching assignments is essential practice.
Review either the “Antelope High School Hiring Scenario” or the “Antelope Elementary School Hiring Scenario” to inform the assignment.
In 750-1,000 words, provide short answers to the following questions regarding how you would fill the remaining positions:
- Based on the descriptions of the positions and leadership roles that need to be filled, what 3-4 qualities are you looking for in a candidate? Provide a rationale.
- Who will sit on the interview committee? Will you use the same interview team for all positions? Why or why not? Explain your reasoning.
- Are there positions you will try to fill prior to others? Why or why not?
- Identify 4-5 questions you plan to use in the interview. Will you include any performance or behavior focused questions? Why or why not? Explain your reasoning.
- Identify 3-4 legalities you will have to take into account when completing the hiring process. How will these legalities affect your decision-making? Describe actions you might take to address these issues.
- How will your decisions align with the Christian values of promoting human flourishing, compassion, and concern for the common good?
Support your findings with 3-5 scholarly resources.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.