1. Complete the A “Great Composer” table by doing and answering the following:
a. Compare any two (2) different historical periods that you have read about in this course: Medieval, Renaissance, Baroque, Classical, Romantic, and Contemporary.
b. Who are all the most influential composers of the two periods?
· Why were they so influential?
c. What are the hallmarks (unique characteristics) of the “styles” of each period?
d. Choose one composer from your list for each period and listen to a work by each. List the names of the composers for the piece of music and also the names of the performer(s) of the recording for each period.
e. Do their works share any similarities?
f. How are they different from one another?
g. Is there a modern artist who may have been influenced by each of the composers you chose?
2. Write in complete sentences, to complete the “A Great Musician” table below.
3. Use Microsoft Word and run a spell check/grammar check (under the “Review” menu in Word).
4. Correct grammar and spelling will be part of your grade.