As a teacher leader on a committee with other teacher leaders, you have been invited by the superintendent to propose suggestions for the improvement of teaching practices. Use your textbook and other reading materials to complete this assignment.
- Describe how you would improve academic engagement for teaching and learning in a K–12 school based on DeWitt’s suggestions.
- Select one of the instructional strategies discussed by DeWitt.
- Outline a lesson for a subject of your choice: math, reading, or science.
- Explain the level of learning: surface, deep, or transfer.
- Identify the knowledge dimensions your chosen instructional strategy is most appropriate to address.